The latest generation of WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 11.1 SPEAKERS includes design elements never previously seen at such affordable price points.
At the start of the design process, Wharfedale’s engineers went back to basics in order to create a loudspeaker system that would once again revolutionise
this sector of the hi-fi market and bring high-end performance – and style – within reach of most music lovers, not just the wealthy few.
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 11.1 SPEAKERS
Advanced driver systems
Whereas most affordable speaker systems are based on drive units that are built down to a price, Wharfedale started with the premise that
Diamond drivers should be aimed at performance. That is why the Diamond 11 Series sports advanced driver systems incorporating elements
normally only found in high-end loudspeakers, such as:
- Bass and mid-range driver baskets with a network of ribs for added strength, improving among other things transient impact
- Massive magnet designs improving sensitivity and control of cone movement
- Specially shaped single-forged pole piece with copper cap controls the magnetic flux and reducing low distortion through the critical mid-range area
- Progressive suspension featuring lightweight foamed surround for an extended mid-range response
- super-long-throw voice coil motor system to achieve unparalleled linearity and accuracy
- Woven Kevlar cones
High-frequency performance has been similarly enhanced with a newly evolved tweeter design. Again, an over-sized ceramic magnet system
is used, with a copper cap for flux control. And, here, the pole piece is vented through to a specially shaped rear chamber. This provides
a low resonant frequency, ensuring excellent linearity throughout the operating system and allowing the textile dome to contribute to a
lucid mid-range performance in addition to precise high-frequency detailing. Download Brochure.
Black, White, Walnut, Rosewood